Saturday, December 10, 2011

Mary Poppins Cake

My twins wanted a Mary Poppins cake for their birthday. We didn’t have a party, but we just finished reading the book by P.L. Travers before their big day and they are all excited about watching the movie this weekend. I think they will be shocked at how different the movie is from the book. I have seen the movie, which I LOVE, many times but after reading the book, I was annoyed at how different the two are. I know movies are always at least a little different from the books, but I found the differences here extreme. The book had lots of fun adventures that never made it into the movie. In the book, Jane and Michael also have younger siblings who are twins, which my twins thought was pretty cool. Even though they played a very minor role, I’m sure my twins will be disappointed when there aren’t any twins in the movie. 

The silhouette I made was based on the cover of the book.

image

002

023

No comments:

Post a Comment