Thursday, April 12, 2012

Baby Boom

My friends have been busy making babies lately and I been busy trying to keep up on making their baby gifts. I also had a good friend who hired me to make her husband’s client’s wife some onesies for a baby gift. What a huge compliment! When it comes to crafting, baby gifts are my absolute favorite thing to do so I have had a lot of fun coming up with all of the following baby gifts:

072078

For the following onesie, I dyed it using black tea. I just soaked it in the hot tea until it was the shade I wanted it. I don’t drink tea, but I had seen on Pinterest that it helps immediately sooth sunburn so I bought some to treat the sunburn I acquired over Spring Break. In case you were wondering, it didn’t do a thing for my sunburn, but it works great for antiquing onesies. 073

For this onesie, I decided to try embroidery again. It turned out better than the first time I tried it a few months ago. I think the embroidered owl is sweet.085

103

Here’s the back of the onesie.106

And although it’s not baby related, I’m throwing in a picture of the newest sling I made for my broken armed monkey. She loves Dr. Seuss and I have some scraps left over from the Dr. Seuss quilt I am making the twins’ kindergarten teacher so I made her day when she came home to this:

083

097

1 comment:

  1. Christina, that's quite a sling that you created and made for your daughter. I know that this summer was quite scary for my family because our daughter had an accident when she slipped on water at the grocery store. Somehow the owner of that store didn't do anything to warn us and so that got me upset. At the moment, we're trying to find a personal injury attorney about this issue and what they can do about the owner.

    ReplyDelete