Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Oh the Places They’ll Go!

My twins’ preschool graduation isn’t until Thursday, but I am having a minor surgery tomorrow and know that I won’t feel like baking and decorating a cake after coming out of anesthesia, so I made their cake tonight. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dr. Seuss’ book, “Oh the Places You’ll Go!” and since it is often associated with graduations, I decided to use it for my inspiration.
Oh the Places You'll Go graduation cake 002
Oh the Places You'll Go graduation cake 001I hand painted all the lettering, balloons, and the stripes on the bottom tier with food coloring. I wanted a whimsical cake and wasn’t aiming for perfection on this one and I am so happy with the way it turned out. 
Oh the Places You'll Go graduation cake 005Oh the Places You'll Go graduation cake 006Oh the Places You'll Go graduation cake 007
Each of the kids in their class has their name on one of the balloons to show that they are “off to great places.” I am excited for my girls to be starting a new chapter in their young lives, but sad that we are closing one as well.

Congratulations Payton and Taylor! I love you and know you will do awesome in Kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment