Monday, September 6, 2010

Toy Story Cake

This cake was a lot of fun to do! The little girl who it was for loves Jessie from Toy Story and wanted cow print on the cake. I'm really happy with how most of the cake turned out. I just wish Jessie's face was better. It started out looking better, but it settled as it dried and she kind of got smushed looking. It's all part of the learning process and hopefully next time I can do a little better.

The whole cake is covered and decorated in fondant. I have always bought my fondant, but this time I made my own. I found directions here that show how to make fondant from marshmallows and powdered sugar so I gave it a try. It is definitely a messy process, but it costs less than the store bought stuff and I can get all the ingredients right down the street. My family agreed it tasted better than the store bought stuff as well. I will definitely be making my own again.

I'm linking up at:
giveaways

3 comments:

  1. fantastic job!! love it, you're so talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have you join me tomorrow over at our Sassy Sites blog party! It's our Feature YOU Friday! Come by and check it out! xoxo

    Marni
    @ Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was sooo Yummy!! Everyone loved it and didn't want me to even cut into into it..haha!! Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete